An MoU was signed between National Skill Development Corporation and Bird Academy on the 1st of June 2017 in New Delhi, with regards to skilling of unemployed youth in the aviation and aerospace Sector.
With the signing of the MoU NSDC has agreed to enter into an arrangement with BIRD ACADEMY to train, skill & empower more than 30,000 unemployed youth across various states including North Eastern states with special focus to train and empower minimum 5,000 women & tribal youths from the underprivileged sections of the society and assist states in capacity building over the next six years.
The two organizations will work together to set up training centres and centre of excellence in India with the aim of increasing employability of youth aspiring to work in the aerospace and aviation sector under the guidance of Aerospace and Aviation sector skill councilBIRD Academy will
· Undertake fresh skilling for 30,000 youth in aviation and aerospace Sector, resulting in gainful employment over the next 6 years
· Undertake Recognition of Prior Learning for their direct and indirect employees covering approx. 5000 candidates
· Establish Model Centre and Centre of Excellence/Training Centres at Chandigarh, Delhi, Cochin, Bengaluru/Mumbai, Goa and other locations Pan India including North East focussed on Aviation and related trades
· Align all existing and upcoming trainings/centres to National Skills Qualification Framework(NSQF) under the guidance of AASSC
· Provide inputs on trends and requirements in Aviation & Aerospace industry for developing QP-NOS for job roles aligned to NSQF and assist in industry validation through group companies.
· Provide consultation and expertise on facilities set up, Curriculum design, content development and assist in addressing the gap that exist for training of trainers (ToT), training of Assessors (ToA), Certification of Master Trainers (CoMT) and existing trainings.
· Further BIRD Academy will apply for Non-funding/Funding Partnership to NSDC which shall be evaluated by NSDC as per its Financial Management and Procurement Manual and other applicable guidelinesThrough this MoU, NSDC may
· Support in the development of Aviation and Aerospace Model Centre and BIRD ACADEMY Centre of Excellence/ Training Centres.
· NSDC through the Aviation & Aerospace Sector Skill council (AASSC) may provide support for joint mobilization to channelize students into these centres
· NSDC through the AASSC will facilitate NSQF alignment, provide quality assurance and certification through for trainings in these centres
· The data for trainings under NSQF will be uploaded on the SDMS for MIS and reporting and oversight; also NSDC may advise and guide Bird Academy to enhance its reach for skilling
· On behalf of NSDC, the AASSC will track the progress of the MoU and provide over sight of training delivery process
· NSDC may support the implementation of the project under schemes like PMKVY/PMKK and other existent schemes subject to respective scheme guidelines