Congress spokesperson Randeep Surjewala addressing media said we bring to you two extremely important issues that are affecting our polity. BJP leaders are insulting our Armed Forces. BJP leaders’ greed is weakening the national security apparatus particularly in a sensitive State like Jammu &Kashmir. As national security suffers, BJP netas prosper, Prime Minister and Deputy Chief Minister remain mute spectators.
He said, BJP’s illegal activities in Jammu & Kashmir have imperiled our National Security Situation like never before. BJP’s Speaker, Nirmal Singh, Deputy CM, Kavinder Gupta and other leaders are involved in buying illegal land near the Army Ammunition Depot, thereby endangering the security paraphernalia around the sensitive area. Himgiri Infrastructure Development (owned by BJP leaders) has also defaulted by a whopping Rs 29.31 crore to J&K Bank. This is a clear case of Gross Impropriety, Illegality and Flouting of rules and regulations. This comes at a time when Pakistan has virtually accepted its role in 26/11 attacks. Instead of accepting their unlawful actions, the Pseudo Nationalist BJP leader had the audacity to attack the Indian Army by calling them ‘politically motivated ‘and saying that ‘Army is harassing people’.
Surjewala said, BJP is a habitual offender when it comes to insulting our Armed Forces- Be it Union Minister, V K Singh calling a Former Army Chief as a ‘Dacoit’ or even the PM saying that ‘Traders take more risk than soldiers’ or be it the RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat questioning the caliber of the Indian Army.
Issuing a sequence of events Congress questioned BJP to answer the same.
1. In 2014, Himgiri Infrastructure Development Pvt Ltd (owned by BJP's Shri Kavinder Gupta, Shri Nirmal Singh and current BJP's Member of Parliament from Jammu-Poonch, Jugal Kishore) bought a 12 acre land next to the Army Ammunition Depot in Nagrota.
2. Nirmal Singh started constructing his house on his 2000 Sqm plot at a distance of 530 Sqm from the outer wall of 4 Ammunition Sub Depot at village Ban under Tehsil Nagrota, district Jammu.
3. Noticing the construction, the Corps Commander of the Army’s 16 Corps, Lt General Saranjeet Singh wrote a letter on March 19, 2018 to the senior BJP leader and Speaker of the Jammu & Kashmir Assembly, Shri Nirmal Singh
4. In the letter he cited security concerns, pointing out the several violations including violation of the Works of Defence Act (WoDA) 1903 as also Government of India, Ministry of Defence notification dated 26 September 2002. "Further, as per notification…issued by DC, Jammu on 7 August 2015, construction activity within one thousand yards of the boundary wall of 4 ASD has been prohibited”, he wrote.
5. Lt Gen Singh requested Shri Nirmal Singh to "reconsider construction of residential accommodation in close proximity of the ammunition depot being a potential safety hazard.”
6. In a brazen display of arrogance, Shri Nirmal Singh dismissed the serious concerns raised by the Corp Commander and accused the army of being 'politically motivated' and also went a step further charging the brave Indian army of 'harassing the local residents'.
7. Himgiri Infrastructure Development Limited, owned by senior BJP leaders in Jammu which was used to buy land next to the Army ammunition depot in Nagrota, owes Rs 29.31 crore to Jammu and Kashmir Bank. And its account was declared a non-performing asset (NPA) in December last year.
8. Notices under Section 13(2) of the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets & Enforcement of Security Interest Act (SARFAESI), 2002, were issued on January 5 this year to present Deputy Chief Minister Shri Kavinder Gupta and Assembly Speaker Shri Nirmal Singh (he was Deputy CM then), his wife Smt. Mamta Singh and BJP Lok Sabha member Shri Jugal Kishore, along with nearly 20 shareholders, promoters, directors and guarantors.
9. Others who have got a notice from the bank are Jyoti Parkash, Executive Director of Himgiri who has been an RSS pracharak in Bhaderwah, and Chairman Surinder Mohan Gupta, of the Dr Hedgewar Smarak Samiti.
10. According to the notice, a term loan of Rs 18.50 crore along with a cash credit facility of Rs 56.83 lakh was sanctioned to Himgiri by the bank’s Link Road, Jammu, branch in 2012, for part financing of a power project to be set up in Himachal’s Chamba district. Shri Nirmal Singh was Power Minister and Deputy Chief Minister since 2015.
11. Himgiri Infrastructure Development pvt ltd got a 3 MW hydel power project in Chamba district in 2001 when Shri Prem Kumar Dhumal was the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh.
12. Within a year of this purchase, when the BJP formed a coalition government in J&K, the state government identified land for IIT, IIM and a zoo adjacent to the land
Congress askes BJP:-
1. Will the PM, Shri Narendra Modi who seeks votes in the name of Army take any action against BJP’s Deputy CM, Speaker and other leaders for blatantly endangering National Security by their illegal activities? When will they resign?
2. Himigri Infrastructure Pvt Ltd- the company owned by BJP leaders, has already defaulted Rs 29.31 crore. Will the BJP-PDP Govt show any courage of conviction to stop any construction activity forthwith?
3. Post the Sunjwan Army Attack, where 6 Security Officers were martyred, there were reports that the attack was a result of illegal constructions, very close to the camp. Why did the J&K Govt & the Centre allow such a construction?
4. In the past 4 years, 362 of our Jawans have been martyred and 213 civilians have been killed in Terror Attacks in J&K alone. Most of the attacks have taken place on Army/Air Force/BSF Bases- Why did the Modi Govt not learn any lesson after Uri, Pathankot, Nagrota, Sunjwan and so on?
5. Is this Shri Modi’s ‘56 Inch Chest Policy’ whereby BJP leaders are encouraged to illegally construct and attack the Indian Army?
Simple question is-Will the Modi Govt wake up from its deep slumber & act against their own?