Together To Fulfil The Dream Of Strong And Inclusive Nation: AtoZ Speech Read
By FnF Correspondent | PUBLISHED: 25, Jun 2019, 20:24 pm IST | UPDATED: 25, Jun 2019, 20:24 pm IST
Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday thanked the voters for electing a stable government and praised the spirit of the people. Speaking in the Lok Sabha in his reply to the Motion of Thanks to President Ram Nath Kovind's address to Parliament, Modi said: "After many decades, the country has given a strong mandate. They have brought back a government by giving it more seats."In today's atmosphere, India's vibrant democracy is a moment to be proud of." Modi said that the Lok Sabha election results showed that "more than themselves, the people of India are thinking about the good of the nation. And this spirit is wonderful".
The Prime Minister said he does not view elections as to who won and who lost. "For me, what is satisfying is the opportunity to serve 130 crore Indians and work to make a positive difference in their lives."
Modi said the NDA was given a chance to rule in 2014 as people thought it was a way of escaping from the UPA regime. "We have to move together to fulfil the dream of a strong, safe, developed and inclusive nation. "I think beyond winning and losing elections. I strive for the welfare of the countrymen. For me, what is satisfying is the opportunity to serve 130 crore Indians and do work that has made a positive difference in the lives of our citizens," Modi said.Highlights of PM Modi's address
- The people of India have elected a stable Government. The 2019 Lok Sabha elections show that more than themselves, the people of India are thinking about the good of the nation. This spirit is wonderful.
- I do not think about elections in terms of who won and who lost. For me, what is satisfying is the opportunity to serve 130 crore Indians and do work that has made a positive difference in the lives of our citizens.
- We did not divert from our development path, we did not dilute our development agenda. It is important that the country progresses, every Indian is empowered and our nation has modern infrastructure. We believe in public welfare and modern infrastructure.
- There are some people who feel only a few names contributed to national progress. They only want to hear those few names and ignore the others. We think differently, we feel each and every citizen has worked for India's progress.
- Did those in power from 2004 to 2014 ever talk about the good work of Atal JI? Did they ever speak about the good work of Narasimha Rao Ji? In this Lok Sabha debate the same people did not even speak of Manmohan Singh Ji.
- A few people were constantly asking during the debate- Who did it? Who did it? I want to ask them- today is 25th June. Who imposed the Emergency? Who trampled over the spirit of the Constitution, gagged the media and bullied the judiciary? We can't forget those dark days.
- The Honourable President spoke about: 150th Jayanti of Bapu, 75 years of India's freedom. These are landmark occasions in the history of India.
- During the freedom struggle, brave women and men died for the nation. This led to Independence. Today, we have to live for the nation and build the India our freedom fighters dreamt of. I urge everyone to observe Gandhi 150 and 75 years of India's freedom with great vigour.
- We took office again a few weeks ago and I am happy to say we have taken numerous pro-people decisions. The decisions we have taken will benefit farmers, traders, youngsters and other sections of society. A lot of the major promises we made, we have begun fulfilling them.
- Today, when we talk about water resources, I remember Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar. It was Babasaheb who worked diligently on waterways and irrigation.
- Sardar Sarovar Dam was the brainchild of Sardar Patel. But, work on this Dam kept getting delayed. As Chief Minister of Gujarat, I had to embark on a fast for this project. After NDA took office, the pace of work increased significantly and it is benefiting many people.
- Let it be our collective endeavour to make India a five trillion dollar economy. Promoting tourism and improving tourism infrastructure augurs well for economic prosperity. There is so much about India that the world wants to see.
- Some members asked- why is Person A not in jail or Person B not in jail. I want to tell them- this is not the Emergency where Governments jailed people as they felt like. These decisions are taken by the Courts. Courts will decide on jail and bail.