Gandhi Jayanti: Wishes, Images, Messages, Quotes To Share
By FnF Correspondent | PUBLISHED: 02, Oct 2019, 11:02 am IST | UPDATED: 02, Oct 2019, 11:04 am IST
Delhi: October 2 is the day when the world celebrates the birth anniversary of the tallest figure of India's freedom movement - Mahatma Gandhi. This year is special as it marks the 150th birth anniversary of India's father of the nation, whom many refer to as Bapu fondly.Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, popularly known as Mahatama Gandhi was born on 2nd October 1869 in Porbandar, Gujarat. He was an Indian lawyer, anti-colonial nationalist, and political ethicist became synonymous with non-violent resistance or Ahimsa and Satyagrah which led to India’s independence from British Rule.
Today on his birthday, here we have a few inspiring wishes you can send to you near and dear ones to celebrate Bapu’s birth anniversary.
• A fearless and brave man who fought in the most polite manner and won, Mahatma Gandhi continues to inspire us even today.
Happy Gandhi Jayanti 2019!
• Forgiveness is the quality of the brave, not of the cowardly. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. - Mahatma Gandhi
• May the spirit of truth and non-violence be with us in this Gandhi Jayanti! Happy Gandhi Jayanti 2019!
• ‘Anger is the enemy of non-violence and pride is a monster that swallows it up.’
Happy Gandhi Jayanti 2019
• May Mahatma Gandhi's words always inspire us to be on the right path and follow our hearts. Happy Gandhi Jayanti.
• Democracy necessarily means a conflict of will and ideas, involving sometimes a war to the knife between different ideas. - Mahatma Gandhi
• Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is a daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart. - Mahatma Gandhi
• ‘Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.’
Happy Gandhi Jayanti 2019Here is some of Gandhi’s most inspiring quotes:
#1: “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
#2: “Change yourself – you are in control.”#3: “We need not wait to see what others do.”#4: “A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.”#5: “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”#6: “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”#7: “Love is the strongest force the world possesses.”#8: “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”#9: “Nonviolence is a weapon of the strong.”
#10: “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”#11: “To call woman the weaker sex is a libel; it is man's injustice to woman.”#12: “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”#13: “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
#14: “A ‘No’ uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.”
#15: “The greatness of humanity is not in being human, but in being humane.”
Happy Gandhi Jayanti!