Rhea Chakraborty Shares Statement Questioning Illegal Investigation of Bihar Police
By FnF Correspondent | PUBLISHED: 18, Aug 2020, 18:57 pm IST | UPDATED: 19, Aug 2020, 16:56 pm IST
Delhi: Rhea Chakraborty, who is the prime accused in Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case facing allegations of money laundering and abetment to suicide,was apprehensive about the nature of the investigation that would be conducted by the Bihar Police for several reasons, her lawyer has stated.
In an elaborate statement that touches down on many issues of the case, the lawyer alleged that Bihar Police was acting only at the behest of the political leadership in Bihar.
Terming Bihar police’s investigation as illegal, the lawyer said that Rhea has no problem if SC transfers it to CBI. The lawyer has said that unless the Maharashtra Govt Consents to a CBI investigation , the case cannot be transferred to CBI.
Rhea has always maintained that she would like the truth of the matter to be revealed by virtue of a fair and impartial investigation. She has admitted in her Petition to the SC that she sent a Message to Amit Shah Union HM to order a CBI investigation. She has also informed the SC that if the Court Transfers it to CBI she had no objection,” the statement reads. Rhea has challenged the “Illegal Registration and Investigation of Bihar Police” without Jurisdiction and transfer to CBI of an illegal investigation, the statement read. Unless the Maharashtra Govt Consents to a CBI investigation, the Case cannot be transferred to CBI, it said.Instead the Bihar Govt ought to have transferred the investigation to Mumbai Police as per the Notification issued by the Union Government, it stated.Citing the following reasons, the lawyer has stated: “There were various reasons that made my client apprehensive about the nature of the investigation that would be conducted by the Bihar Police.”
- The Bihar Police registered the FIR on the same day that the complaint was received , despite a delay of over 40 days.
- The Bihar Police arrived in Mumbai without ever summoning my client to cooperate with their investigation.
- There were several newspaper articles quoting the advocate of the complainant as having stated that the Bihar Police were hesitant to register the FIR but did so at the behest of the political leadership in Bihar.
- My Client has not shied away from co-operating with any investigating agency till date, but she is entitled to a fair and impartial investigation by an agency which has Jurisdiction to investigate the Case.
- The manner in which the proceedings were instituted and being conducted in Bihar made it appear unlikely that she would receive a fair treatment.
- The comments made at the last hearing before the Hon’ble Supreme Court on the 11th of August 2020, make it evident that this has become more about politics than the truth.
- Unwanted and irrelevant submissions are being made. The number of Politicians taking advantage of this case on the eve of elections in Bihar .