By FnF Correspondent | PUBLISHED: 26, Feb 2021, 10:15 am IST | UPDATED: 26, Feb 2021, 10:15 am IST
CAIT Secretary General Praveen Khandelwal told news agency PTI that around 1,500 big and small organizations from all states across the country will protest against GST amendments.
1. As per reports, all major commercial markets across the country will remain closed as more than 40,000 trade associations across the country will participate in the 'Bharat Vyapar Bandh' to protest against "draconian, arbitrary and critical" amendments made recently in GST rules.
2. Road services will also witness disturbance as the protest will be joined by All India Transport Welfare Association. The apex body with over 1 crore transporters has asked transport companies to park their vehicles between 6 am till 8 pm on Friday.
3. Certain documentation services outside courts will also take a hit as Associations of chartered accountants and tax advocates have backed the Bharat Bandh call.
4. Bookings and transporting of bill-generated goods will also be affected.
5. Several Small and medium-sized enterprises, women entrepreneurs, hawkers, traders, retailers, wholesalers will also join the protest which might result in the closure of several local markets in your areas.
6. Expressing their grief of the changes made in GST norms, no traders will log in to the GST portals.
7. Restrain over tax filing and other tax-related work is expected as several Chartered Accountants, Tax Advocates have extended their support to the Bharat Bandh tomorrow.
1. To ensure that the people of the country should not have any inconvenience due to the Bharat Vyapar Bandh, the CAIT said that essential services such as medicine shops, milk and vegetable shops will operate as usual.
2. Banking services are expected to remain unaffected.
by : Priti Prakash
India is crying. It took 2.58 lakhs deaths (official figures, just double the real numbers) and clos...