Private Offices To Reopen In Delhi
By FnF Correspondent | PUBLISHED: 18, May 2020, 18:38 pm IST | UPDATED: 18, May 2020, 18:38 pm IST
Delhi: The Delhi government announced, on Monday evening, its city-specific lockdown norms for the people living in the national capital.The Delhi CM began his press conference by emphasizing how the Coronavirus crisis is here to stay. It will not be over in a couple of months. The pandemic will end only when a vaccine is found for Covid-19.Lockdown 4.0 began on May 18 and is going to be in place till the end of the month, May 31. The Central government on Sunday announced the new norms for the lockdown where several relaxations were also announced.
Referring to these guidelines, Arvind Kejriwal announced what will open and what remains closed in the capital.
Here is the list of relaxations that the Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi Government has announced:What will open?
What will not open?
- Shops can be opened in the market following the odd-even rule: half of the shops in every area to be opened each day.
- Shops for essential items can be opened every day.
- Restaurants and bakeries but can be opened for home delivery.
- Playgrounds and sports complexes can be opened but matches & programs have to be held without an audience.
- Buses can resume operation provided that social distancing norms are taken care of. Passengers will be screened before boarding.
- Taxi service, Ola, Uber, auto-rickshaws, e-ricksha cycle rickshaws can be allowed.
- Four-wheelers allowed to have 2 passengers and two-wheelers allowed to have only 1 rider.
- Private offices can be allowed to open with the full workforce. Only 33% workforce was allowed in Lockdown 3.
- Vehicles and individual movements allowed all over Delhi.
- Construction activities to begin but only workers living in Delhi can work there. Workers cannot be called from other states.
- Marriages can only have 50 guests and Funerals can have only 20 attendees.
- Metro services, college, school, education institutions, hotels, cinema halls, malls, gyms, swimming pools and theatres won't open.
- Social, political, religious, cultural gatherings won't take place.
- In containment zones, all activities except essential services remain closed.
- Car-pooling and car-sharing not allowed.
- Barbershops, spas, salons will remain shut.
- No travel between 7 PM - 7 AM except for essential services.
Additionally, shopkeepers need to ensure that social distancing is maintained by buyers or else their shop will be shut. Wearing a mask is compulsory and people must follow the norms of social distancing at all times.WATCH: Migrant labourers gather in large number in Ghaziabad | Super 40