Befitting Reply Has Been Given To Those Coveting Our Territories
By FnF Correspondent | PUBLISHED: 28, Jun 2020, 15:46 pm IST | UPDATED: 28, Jun 2020, 15:46 pm IST
Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said that India very well knows how to respond to aggression against it, as he talked about the border dispute with China in his Mann Ki Baat address. He hailed the heroism of the 20 soldiers who were killed in the Galwan valley face-off and said that the brave jawans of India know how to protect the territorial integrity of the country.
India bows to our brave martyrs, they have always kept India safe. Their valour will always be remembered, PM Modi said, in his first address after the Galwan Valley face-off between India and China along Line of Actual Control.
The world has seen India's commitment to protecting its borders and sovereignty. In Ladakh, a befitting reply has been given to those coveting our territories, he said.
"Bharat mitrata nibhana jaanta hai, toh, aankh mein aankh dalkar dekhna aur uchit jawab dena bhi janta hai," PM said.
He said that people have been commonly talking about when will the year 2020 end. PM said that people should not feel wary of the challenges, as India has always emerged stringer after overcoming all its challenges.
Here are the other major takeaways from PM Modi's address:
- “There could be any number of challenges but our history shows that we have always overcome them. We have emerged stronger after challenges. Guided by our strong cultural ethos, India has turned challenges into successes. We will do so again this time as well.” He said.
- People from all over India are writing, reiterating their support to the movement to make India self-reliant. Being vocal about local is a great service to the nation.
- India bows to our brave martyrs who lost their lives in Ladakh. Their valour will always be remembered. Families who lost their sons, still want to send their other children to defence forces... their spirit and sacrifice is venerable.
- You would be seeing many inspiring stories of migrant labourers. In UP's Barabanki, labourers who returned from outside started working to restore natural form of Kalyani river.While staying in isolation, the way migrant labourers have changed things around them is commendable.
- As compared to Lockdown, we need to be even more careful now during Unlock. If you don't wear masks, follow social distancing & other precautions, you put yourself as well as others at risk. I appeal to all countrymen to not be careless.
- There is a new and strong opportunity for our generation and our start-ups. We should present India's traditional games in a new and interesting form.
It was the 66th edition of his monthly address. The Prime Minister addresses Mann ki Baat on last Sunday of every month. It is to be noted that the previous two editions of Mann Ki Baat were focused on the Coronavirus pandemic and resultant lockdown. In his last address PM had that people should stay vigilant and it is important to be even more careful now as a major part of our economy has opened up.