Monday, Sep 23rd 2019
Trending News

Fifty dead,200 wounded by gunfire in Las Vegas, says hospital

By Fnf Desk | PUBLISHED: 02, Oct 2017, 17:58 pm IST | UPDATED: 02, Oct 2017, 18:00 pm IST

Fifty dead,200 wounded by gunfire in Las Vegas, says hospital LAS VEGAS: At least fifty people were killed and 200 injured after a shooting at a country music festival on the Las Vegas Strip, a local hospital spokeswoman said, and police said one suspect was down. 

Witnesses on social media said the shooting broke out on the last night of the three-day Route 91 Harvest festival, a sold-out event attended by thousands and featuring top acts such as Eric Church, Sam Hunt and Jason Aldean. 

Police described the suspect as being a local Las Vegas man who acted alone and was not believed to be connected to any militant group, Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo told reporters. 

Authorities were seeking a woman they named as Marilou Danley, he said. He gave no details of whether she was suspected of involvement in the attack but described her as an "associate". 

In his press conference Sheriff Lombardo said: “She is an Asian female, approximately 4ft 11in, weight of 111lbs. We have not located her at this time and we are interested in talking to her for follow up.” 

Authorities have warned the public to stay away and confirmed that the investigation is still going on. The officials received reports of an active shooter near the Route 91 Harvest festival. Dozens of patrol vehicles descended on the Strip after authorities received reports of a .. 

U.S. media, including Fox News, reported that Aldean was performing on Sunday night when the rampage began but that he had been bundled safely off stage at the event outside the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in the Nevada gambling mecca. 

The spokeswoman for the University Medical Center hospital said 14 of the wounded were in a critical condition. All appeared to have suffered gunshot wounds, she said. 

"Confirming that one suspect is down. This is an active investigati ..