A convoy of 78 vehicles of the CRPF was targeted on the Jammu-Srinagar highway in the powerful IED blast. Each vehicle was carrying about 40-45 soldiers, many of who are critical and are undergoing treatment at local hospitals.
As 39 CRPF jawans died in a major terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district on Thursday, banned terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed claimed responsibility and identified suicide bomber Adil Ahmad Dar as the one who carried out the attack. A Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into the bus they were travelling in, one of the worst terror strikes in the state in recent years, officials said.
More than 2,500 Central Reserve Police Force personnel, many of them returning from leave to rejoin duty in the Valley, were travelling in the convoy of 78 vehicles when they were ambushed on the Srinagar-Jammu highway.
Sources say ''tomorrow morning a 12 member team of NIA will go to the blast site. An IG rank officer of the NIA will lead the team.''
In one of the worst terror attacks, a Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist rammed an explosive-laden vehicle into the bus carrying CRPF personnel.
'Sacrifices of our security personnel won't go in vain, said PM Modi after Pulwama attack.
Congress UP incharge Priyanka Gandhi said, ''Government should ensure Pulwama-like terror attacks don't happen in future''.
US Envoy to India Kenneth Juster in a message said, 'US Mission in India strongly condemns today’s terrorist attack in J&K. The United States stands alongside India in confronting terror and defeating it.'
Union I&B Ministry has issued advisory for television channels in wake of Pulwama attack to eb cautious about the content taht they show.
A video of Adil Ahmad Dar alias Waqas Commando of Gundibagh, Kakpora, was released by the Jaish soon after the terror attack rocked Kashmir's Pulwama.
In the video, that was most probably shot before Adil Dar went about his suicide mission in Pulwama, the terrorist talks about atrocities on Kashmiri Muslims.
Adil Dar can be seen brandishing rifles and standing in front of Jaish-e-Mohammed banners in the video.
Dar claims in the video he joined the ranks of the banned terror outfit last year and after a year, he has been "assigned" the task of the deadly attack. He adds that when the video is released, he will be in jannat (heaven).
A Jaish-e-Mohammed spokesperson Muhammad Hassan said in a statement, "Dozens of forces' vehicles were destroyed in the attack."