UGC NET 2020: Know November Dates, Exam Centre
By FnF Correspondent | PUBLISHED: 31, Oct 2020, 8:51 am IST | UPDATED: 03, Nov 2020, 16:25 pm IST
The National Testing Agency(NTA) on Thursday released admit cards for the upcoming examinations of UGC’s National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) examinations 2020. The UGC had conducted examinations for different subjects in the month of September and October.
UGC NET 2020 exams are being conducted by the NTA in 81 subjects at different Exam Centers across India to determine the eligibility for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Assistant Professor only in various Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions recognized by UGC.
The exam comprises two papers Paper I and II containing multiple-choice questions (MCQs). While Paper I which is on teaching and research aptitude is common and mandatory for all candidates, Paper-II will be on the subject selected by the candidate. Both papers have to be completed within 3 hours. The NTA has not announced any changes to the exam patternDates for November
Exams in November will be held on 4, 5, 11, 12, and 13 November 2020.Checklist for exam centre
Candidates should note that they are not allowed to carry any personal belongings including electronic devices, mobile phones, and other banned/ prohibited items listed in the Information Bulletin to the Examination Centre. Examination Officials will not be responsible for the safe keep of personal belongings and there will be no such facility. Shoes/footwear with thick soles and garments with large buttons are not permitted.Covid 19 precautions
According to the admit cards, stringent measures such as sanitisation of the seating area prior to the exam, thermal temperature checks, and social distancing will be adhered to. It is also mandatory for candidates to wear face masks and maintain a distance of at least six feet. They will also be told by the invigilator when to leave the rooms after the exams are over.
- A gap of 2 seats will be maintained
- Hand sanitiser at entry and inside the exam centre
- Candidates will also be given a 3 ply face mask before entry. Candidates are expected to remove the mask worn by them and wear the fresh mask at the centre before entering.
- The completed Undertaking on Admit Card, and body temperature (using Thermo Guns) will be checked.
- No-one will be denied permission to appear the examination until candidates violate the covid-19 directives/advisories of Government (Central/State) applicable on the day of exam and instructions mentioned in the Admit Card.